Center for Human Nutrition Studies
The Center for Human Nutrition Studies is the human research arm of the Applied Nutrition Research Team. It values the disciplined methodologies required for reliable nutrition research and offers a wide range of support services.
- Protocol Design - Experienced faculty and staff can assist in the design and implementation of your research protocol
- Supplement Protocols - Participants are instructed to consume nutritional products according to a defined dose and schedule.
- Diet-Counseling Based Interventions - Dietitians instruct participants in how to achieve specific dietary goals.
- Controlled-Feeding Based Interventions - All foods are prepared to specified nutrient targets and are provided to participants under supervised conditions.
- Assessment of Dietary Intake - Trained dietitians assess habitual intake using food-frequency questionnaires, food-intake records, or 24-hr diet recalls.
- Menu Development - Multi-day diet plans with supporting recipes are designed to meet specific macro- and micro-nutrient targets across multiple calorie levels.
- Clinical Assessment of Health-Related Endpoints - A variety of assessments and assays are available through our own clinic and laboratories or through contracts with collaborators. Capabilities are also available for assay development.