Do You Qualify?
The Kids JUICE (Juice Intake and Carotenoid Effect) Study is a study to determine how food intake affects skin carotenoid levels measured on the surface of a child’s skin. Carotenoids are pigments found in fruits and vegetables and are believed to be responsible for some positive health benefits such as reduced heart disease and some cancers. The results of this study could help us measure change in children's fruit and vegetable intake in a simple, non-invasive way.
We are recruiting children ages 5-17 to participate in this study. If you are selected to participate, you (one parent) and your child will come to our clinic (1600 N. 650 E., N. Logan) at a scheduled appointment time before or after school on weekdays every week for eight weeks to get juice. Your child will be asked to drink 1/2 to 2 ounces of juice supplement twice a day.
During four of the visits, the following will occur:
· Measurement of height and weight (1st visit only)
· Skin scans of carotenoid level.
· Complete food recalls and food frequency questionnaires (on three separate occasions).
If your child completes the study, they will receive:
· $10 for each of the four clinic visit and $20 for completing the study ($60 total)
· Results of skin carotenoid status
· Diet analysis
Click Here to see if you qualify to participate in the Kids JUICE Study.
For questions, call 797-7327.